HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE:
SEASON TWO, VOLUME TWO BOXED DVD SET
Released by BCI Eclipse / Ink & Paint
Two new half-hour documentaries directed and scripted by Andy Mangels, and commentaries hosted by him!
In Stores September 19, 2006.
Click here to purchase He-Man Season 2 Volume 2 at Amazon
Season 2, Volume 2 includes:
* The final 32 episodes of the second season, fully restored for optimum audio and video quality, and presented in story continuity order;
* 6 DVDs released in a 6-Panel fold-out DigiPack, with embossed cardboard case!
* "Animating He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" From Script to Storyboard to Voice Recording to Direction to Animation to Backgrounds and Color to Editing, here is a look at how He-Man cartoons were created!
* "The Stories of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Season 2, Part 2" Interviews with producers, writers, directors, and experts, specifically commenting on the Season Two episodes #99-130.
* THREE full-length commentary tracks (for episodes #100, #110, and #125) Hosted by Andy Mangels and featuring Lou Scheimer, Erika Scheimer, Larry DiTillio, Tom Tataranowicz, Tom Sito, and Dave Teague!
* 2 new collectible 4 x 6 art cards by
Dan Brereton (a legion of evil) and
Mike McKone (an astonishing conflict),
with bios by Andy Mangels.
* Special Features include fifty detailed Character Bios by James Eatock, full-length animated Storyboard with interactive episode comparison for episode #110, "The Problem With Power", five Scripts in PDF format, Trivia, Commercial Spots, Easter Eggs, Spanish-language track, and more!
* Fourth part of a spine mural that spans all 4 MOTU volumes to make a cool background image
This is the fourth of four Classic MOTU volumes that completes all 130 classic episodes.
"A solid spate of extras... We've offered plenty of praise to these sets in the past, and rightfully so... BCI went the extra mile to give consumers their moneys' worth. In the end that's what is really great about these sets, they know that the fans are their main audience and they appeal directly to them. Grade 9 out of 10. IGN EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD!"
read the rest of the review from IGN
"Ink and Paint once again held back nothing when it came to a He-Man release. This final installment of episodes from the original series is of the highest quality... the set includes plentiful bonus features..."
read the rest of the review from I Miss the 80s
"Quite the package. Finishing the work on the original series that BCI started two years ago, it's impressive to see such material treated with loving care."
read the rest of the review from Andersonvision
"BCI Eclipses Ink & Paint studio is putting out some of the best DVD sets on the market, period. Regardless of whether youre talking about television or film releases, these sets are absolutely fantastic. As a long time fan of He-Man, I don't think anyone could possibly ask for anything more from these beautifully (and lovingly) crafted sets. Grade A+"
read the rest of the review from DVD Snapshot
GREAT HE-MAN DVD INTERVIEW
at Farsector.com - Click Here to read it!
Like many DVDs, the He-Man series will feature fun "Easter Eggs" for fans to hunt and find. But for those who want the candy without the hunt, here are the Easter Eggs for the Best of He-Man set, courtesy BCI Eclipse
Disc 1: Go to the Main Menu, then click over to Episodes. Click Up twice, and Skeletor's face will appear. Click Enter, and a montage of Skeletor's insults will play!
Disc 3: Play the first episode. In the opening credits, when He-Man transforms, click Enter, or any arrow button. A montage of interrupted transformations will play!
Disc 5: Hit Play All, and skip forward to the very last chapter (23 chapters forward). Play the morals and credits. At the end, a slide-show of 28 photos from San Diego Comic-Con 2005 is available!